sábado, 23 de junio de 2012

New Zealand Trip!

The 24th of may was a special day for me. It wasn't only my birthday, but also the beginning of an remarkable experience, with 9 of my school friends. I lived in New Zealand for 3 weeks, hosted by the Watts family, and I had the chance to learn about the Kiwis' culture, live with a foreign family and improve my english.

New Zealand is a great country. Kiwis (as New Zealand people are called) have one of the best life qualities of the world, an awesome combination of races in their society and a developed economy. Also, while being in NZ you can really feel the english remains while you walk through the streets of Auckland or Wellington: Rugby, driving side, persons' look and way of thinking, and many others. 
However, the aspect of the trip that I would like to point out is the experience of living with a NZ family, because this is what brings you closer to their culture. Having a big breakfast, a small snack instead of a real lunch and tea at 6 is something common in NZ, but not in Chile; Receiving Rugby magazines every day and watching Rugby news in TV every night is something that turns normal after some days there; and going to an All Blacks match against the Irish in the world's biggest rugby stadium, the Eden Park, is just unique. 

But having a host father that rides a Harley Davidson, goes fishing every weekend, goes rock climbing and loves rugby; a host mother that travels all the year but still knows how to be a great mother; and a host brother that after a few days turns into a real friend, with who you laugh, study and travel, is even more special.

In general, I think that I really improved my English. I remember one night at Taupo Lake discussing  about how to pronounce "beach" and "bitch", with my host brother (and now friend), Kris Watt. Moreover, I think that listening english all day also helped me a lot in terms of pronunciation. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario