viernes, 10 de agosto de 2012

Essay: TKM's Part 1

We spent the last week of classes writing a graded essay about the first half of "To Kill a Mockingbird". My thesis was "To Kill a Mockingbird represents a break to old beliefs". To support it, I based my argumentation in Atticus, because I think he is the person who acts as what he thinks is correct, instead of following the social paths. Therefore, through all part 1 we can appreciate that he raises his children with special values. Also, he is a lawyer and he is currently helping Tom Robinson, a negro, something that society rejects. However, in my argumentation I also use the chapter when Jem cut off the tops of Ms Dubose's camellias, because I interpret it as a metaphor in which Jem is braking with social patterns, as he cuts the flowers.

Finally, in my conclusion I included the fact that Harper Lee represents some very hard years in US history, and how that problems must be solved with changes in the american society.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario