viernes, 17 de agosto de 2012

Sports: London 2012 Olympic Games!

The last few weeks every person in the world was paying attention to what happened it London, because that city was hosting one of the biggest events in the world, the Olympic Games. For me, this games were special. I have some vague memories of Atenas 2004, and good remembers of the organization of Beijing 2008. But this years it was different, it was in England. Honestly, I appreciate every culture in the world and I think China have been doing great improvements in their country and society, but I still prefer the European style. Also, considering all the economic problems that Europe have been going through, London 2012 showed us that those countries aren't just history.



Although I couldn't watch the Opening Ceremony, I enjoyed most of the sports in the first week. Unfortunately, the second week of games I had a lot of tests so I couldn't watch much of them. However, I made some time and enjoyed the whole Closing Ceremony with my father. So many great moments, which from I'll highlight the John Lennon Tribute and the appearance of Queen, although I didn't like the woman who sang with them (We can't compare her with the great Freddie Mercury).

Finally, I'm must express my disappointment with the chilean sportsmen. This year our country had a very bad performance in the Olympic Games, but I hope we'll improve it. Now I'm looking forward to Rio 2016 and I'm pretty excited with the addition of Rugby Sevens in the Olympic Games!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario