lunes, 27 de agosto de 2012

The End: To Kill a Mockingbird!

The last month my blog was mostly dedicated to "To Kill a Mockingbird". Now I've finished reading it and had good results in my tests. Although it was a long book, after reading it I can say I enjoyed it, probably because we didn't just read it, but we related it to US history, something that I really liked. By this, I don't mean that I like to study History, what I really mean is that I like to discover and appreciate how a writer can produce a book based on 1930s in the 1960s and still include the essence of those times society in the book. Also, I was interested with racism and discrimination, a topic well developed in Harper Lee's book.

To close this section of my blog, I found an awesome video with images related to the 1930s, including the economic depression, the Dust Bowl and other problems that impacted the US society in those years.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario